Y’all know I regularly post a “7 Quick Takes” on Fridays. Weeeeell, a blogging friend of mine – the lovely Sarah over at … and twins make four! has decided to start and host a link-up series. The topic is right there in the title of this post, and how alluringly alliterative it is! Nothing too complex is required. In fact, I bet most of us could spend 5 minutes reflecting and come up with a list. You can check out Sarah’s initial post here for a general idea of how things are going to go.
As Psalm 118:24 days, This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Today, at this moment on this Thursday, I am thankful for:
- my job, which helps pay the bills
- my parents, who willingly (and graciously) help out when the bills go above and beyond
- priests and religious who call us to be ever better
- technology that keeps family and friends close even when geography can’t
- the little moments during the day that remind me to never give up hope
- the opportunity to be in graduate school, learning more about a field I love
- a working car (and the generosity of my parents for letting me bring their property to NY)
- the beauty inherent in Creation
- good beer
- the leftovers from last night’s dinner that mean no cooking necessary tonight!
Join us! Be simple; be creative; be whatever it is you are!