1) Vocation: STILL MARRIED Y’ALL. It’s still awesome.
2) Condo Living: New bathroom floor. It’s pretty, but I’m too lazy to go take a picture. Dad and Husband installed it. They did good work. Also THE LAMINATE WOOD FLOORS ARE DONE. Everywhere. Living room, hallway, office, bedroom. YAY. So pretty. So easy to clean.
3) Food: Food Lion has pretty decent prices on brand name foods. Discovery. Also, internet coupons. Just a heads up to my fellow bargain hunters. Aldi is still the best for your generic/non-brand needs. Right?
4) POSTSEASON BASEBALL. While you’re reading this, you can’t spell October without O and LET’S GO O’S!
Also we have tickets to the Friday game and gosh, do I love that.
5) Entertainment: I’ve been reading some good YA fiction lately. What have you been reading? My answers (from the past two days) — “Hate List” [dark, but uplifting, in that YA kinda way] and “On The Road To Find Out”, which I enjoyed but didn’t identify with. The local public library has genrefied their YA fiction and… I’m not a fan of that. Particularly when authors are divided into multiple genres. It has the benefit of me not accidentally getting a “paranormal romance” – because yes, that’s a genre in their collection – but I feel like I’ve gotten stuck in realistic fiction. Sigh.
Also, I still dislike the Dewey Decimal System, and I say that as a librarian. Just throwing that out there.
6) Work: School is tiring but going well. I am building relationships with my kids and I love that part of my job! Did you know that sea otters lay on their backs while eating and use their plump bellies as a dinner plate so their hands are free to hold pieces of food? Yeah. My job is kinda cool. 🙂
7) Exercise Or Attempts Therein: Ran a half-marathon last week in Annapolis. Was tough because my knee collapsed under me around mile 2. Silly IT band, you know better. Still finished, and with my 2nd best time (4th half marathon I’ve run) and the after-race coffee, smoothies, and brownies with peanut butter chips were a NICE parting gift. Mmmm. Coffee after a race. Always yummy. No races scheduled for the rest of 2014, with the exception of a few 5ks, but here’s hoping that I motivate myself for 2015.
8) Bonus. The Orioles are currently winning [8:58pm timestamp]. Keep it up, BIRDLAND.